Monday, March 3, 2008

Road to Nowhere

Road to Nowhere and a disappearing act like you wouldn't believe.

Kyle was about 2.5 years old. Kelsey was about 7 months old. We were living in Doylestown, PA at the time and Kyle was enrolled in a Montessori school. This meant a good 25 minute drive to get her there. The road we had to take was nicknamed the "Road to Nowhere." I guess that was because the Dept. of Transportation ran out of $$ and they never finished the road, therefore it just ended someplace and didn't go on.

Anyway, the point of this blog is a recollection I have about dropping Kyle off at the school one day and driving back home. Poor Kelsey, throughout his life he spent a good portion of his time being dragged from one place to another due to the involvement of his sister's activities. Anyway, he just downright hated his car seat. So after dropping Kyle off and heading back home, all of a sudden I realized it was very very very too too quiet in the back seat. I knew immediately that something was up. I glanced in the rear view mirror to catch of glimpse of the baby in the car seat. Much to my amazement when there were no merry eyes looking back at me. Nothing. Nobody. My mind went crazy for a minute "Where's the baby? Did I leave him at the school? WTF???" So in a semi-panic state, I instictively pulled the car off to the side of that super curvy, hilly damn road to nowhere. I jumped out and opened the back door. What do you think?

There, contentedly sitting on the floor of the car, staring innocently up at me, was the most adorable brown eyed escape artist you could ever imagine. Not content for long though as I hoisted him back into the carseat and secured the straps even tighter. Not happy for the rest of the 20 screaming minutes back home!

1 comment:

Reb said...

I just read all your posts, very funny. Welcome to the blogosphere.