Monday, March 3, 2008

Stylin' at work

Quite a few years ago when I was single parenting it, and always behind in everything, and always running and always late (o.k. single parenting is just an excuse because I'm still that way and single parenting no longer applies) I was dressing hurridly for work. It was the days when we still wore suits to work, none of this business casual stuff that we have today. I had a really nice tan and white light wool summer suit that put on that day. I threw on a pair of tan shoes to match.

It wasn't til I got to work and walked to my desk that I actually looked down at my feet and noticed I had on two completely different tan shoes. On the left foot was a plain tan pump, on the right foot was a real cool pump, two tone tan, with cute button adornments. Good thing the heel sizes must have been similar or it could have ended it disaster.

In true Rita form, wherever I went that day, I pointed out my different shoes to everyone. What a hoot.

Have any of you ever worn two completely different shoes to work? Did anyone notice?

2 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

:) I think I actually remember that day!

Fned said...

hahahah! Funny story!
A couple of weeks ago I had just got on the metro on my way to work when this woman comes up to me and says "miss, do you know you have a hanger hanging off the back of your coat?"....

I had been in such a hurry that morning that I pulled my coat out of the closet and threw it on not realizing another hanger was stuck to it... I can't imagine what the people thought seeing me walking from my home to the subway station with a coat hanger stuck to my back!!

Fned.